Deciding to install hardwood floors in your home is an investment that shouldn’t be taken lightly. First, make sure you are asking the right questions.
Do you want your handmade hardwood flooring to last the life of your home?
If the answer is yes, then there are several components to consider:
- First, your choice will need to be classic – not part of a changing trend. Our flooring design experts can steer you in the right direction as you match your inspired design with the longevity you’re looking for.
- Well built homes can last for a hundred years or more. As you experience life in your home, you may want to refinish your floors a decade or two down the road. However, not all floors can be refinished. First, the floors need a thick enough wear layer to merit refinishing, and they also need to have been previously finished with something that when sanded, can be safely removed and not harmful to the air quality. That cost needs to be factored in when you are considering the type of flooring you choose.
- The resale value of your home can also be affected by your flooring. There’s something special that happens when a new homeowner experiences the character and warmth of a home that has original hardwood floors that can be refinished to their own unique style.
What are you really looking for: a great bargain that will look good enough to fill a short-term need, or a quality product that will stand the test of time?
- There’s a time and a place for all types of flooring. However, the old adage rings true that you do get what you pay for. This includes not only the flooring, but also the installation, customer service, overhead and advertising.
- We will help you assess your needs, and will inform you of all the pros and cons for the flooring you are considering, whether you choose to become a client or not. Since our in-house experts are infused with three generations of flooring expertise, you can be sure you’re going to get the hard facts about cost, wear-and-tear, installation, manufacturer warranty, pros and cons of the stylistic choice, and more.
Our main focus is education, because when you are properly informed, you can make better choices and end up happier in the long run. Give us a call any time, and we’d be glad to answer any questions you have.
In the meantime, learn more about Flooring Inspirations by Reading Our Story, and check out the other Products and Services we provide. You just mind find what you’ve been looking for!